Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Pink Sweater

This little post is about my pink sweater.
The pink sweater pictured below, is one of the little sweaters we hand out to the kiddos without any jackets. This little sweater in particular has a story to go with it.
Now I don't remember exactly where or how I got it. But I have had it since I was 5 or 6. As you can tell it says "Trouble" on it, which fit me quite well. I loved this sweater. I wore it proudly. (Although now I do not care for it because it is pink.) But then, it was a treasure. 7 years ago, my brother, sister and I moved to our new adoptive home. I wore it a lot, the front pocket ripped because of the eggs I'd gather and shove into there. It experienced dust, chicken poop, mud, rain, snot, and love.
When it got to where I was too big for it I passed it down to my little sister, in which she too loved and cherished that sweater. She wore it until she got to where it was too little, so we put it on a hanger by the back door. When we adopted two more little boys, the younger one wore it around. Then sadly we put it away because he had other jackets to wear. 
Along came our nieces and nephews! When the come visit us at the barn they wear this...
...our treasured little sweater.

That sweater has survived for 7 or 8 years. It suffered through rainy, cold, snotty days. It still works, it keeps my nephew nice and cozy just as that sweater did to me so many years ago.

Elegantly signed,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment