Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 9, 2013

If I Could Write a Letter to Me...

If I could write a letter to me...
To help myself become who I want to be.


I would begin by saying...
Let go of pain, to keep your heart from weighing.


Allow your tears...
To chase away all of your fears.


Take that painful step to trust...
Talk so your heart won't bust.


As you grow older...
File your past into a folder.


Don't forget who you are...
Follow Christ, whether near or far.


You will fall on your face...
Just get back up and dust yourself in grace.


You will wanna cry...
But don't ever decide not to try.


You will love and hate...
But don't forget that to forgive, it is never too late.


You will flail in the sea of pain...
Don't forget, this is all part of God's plan.


If I could write a letter to me...
I would open your eyes so you could see.


You are caring and kind...
So throw those dirty thoughts out of your mind.


You are worth dying for...
So don't use that excuse anymore.


You are on the road to healing...
Open your heart to all of your feelings.


Don't allow yourself to become numb...
If you do, then you are on the road to become a bum.


Work for everything you have...
Clean your wounded heart with God's loving salve.


Don't worry that you won't fall in love...
Cause God is still grooming the one from above.


Go ahead and cry...
Please, don't be afraid to try.


If I could write a letter to me...
I know I could make you see.


Hold my hand...
Let's trudge through that hot desert sand.


Don't forget I love you...
Remember, I will always be true.


This is a letter from me...
You will be better than you ever dreamed to be.


This is what I would say...
So you could read it every day.


If I could write a letter to me...
This... is what you would see...



~Marie J.~

1 comment: