Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lace...

I woke up last night from a dream about me dying and experiencing this. I am pretty sure it is from the tragic shooting in Ct. I fell asleep with a very heavy heart and prayers going out to them. My heart is heavy, even right now. I cannot imagine the pain that parents, siblings, friends, spouses, and extended family are feeling right now. I pray for comfort and I believe that God can turn this into something good for Him. I send prayers and hugs for all of those hurt yesterday. I wish I was there so that I could hold and cry with them. This is for the children and adults that were killed yesterday.


The clouds darken, rain begins to pour.
My heart is torn, bruised, sore...

I gasp for air...
Air that isn't there.

Tears and caked blood cover my face.
I had once dreamed of being clothed in lace.

I dreamed of holding my man's hand.
Getting married, having kids, and maybe buying some land.

My head throbs.
I vaguely heard my mom choke back sobs.

My dreams slip through my fingers like water.
My life ebbs... farther... and farther...

It wasn't supposed to be like this.
It shouldn't be me that you will miss.

I try to grasp my fading life...
I wanted to live, to be a mother... a wife.

A sheet is thrown over me.
I guess this was meant to be.

A my soul leaves,
I find it hard to believe...

That I am gone.
I hear the wind sing a mournful song.

Angels come to whisk me away.
I wish I had know I would die today.

Cause if I did, I would have kissed mama goodbye.
Instead of leaving her with a sigh.

I fly off into the sky.
I look back and whisper my last goodbye.

I look into God's smiling face.
Then look down and see myself clothed in
satin, jewels, diamonds and lace.

Later, I stroll down the golden streets, my hand in Jesus's hand.
I laugh and run in Heaven's land.

Then He kissed me softly and led me to the river.
He anointed me with oil, causing me to shiver.

He led me to the green grass.
We start to talk and laugh.

I close my eyes and think of mama's face.
I wish there was a way to tell her not to worry...

I am clothed in lace...

~Marie J.~

Prayer: Jesus, I lift up the people suffering right now. I pray for comfort and love for them. I pray that God will turn this into something good, that leads more people to Him. I pray for forgiveness for the gunman. I pray that people will forgive him and not carry hate in their hearts. Because hate won't hurt the hated... it will hurt the hater. I pray for peace to settle over the United States. I pray for those that lost loved ones yesterday. I pray that this storm will soon be over and not linger. I love you all!

Thank you Jesus!

2 comments: