Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Free

Here is a poem I wrote, I pray that you will like it.

Free

I sit here, tears streaming down my face.
In my hands, I hold flowers in a small vase.

It is the least you deserve.
But in my heart, your love will be preserved.

Nothing I say or do will bring you back.
Faith-- is something I lack.

I wish you were here...
I would hold you near...

I would fall into your arms and cry.
I ask myself, "Why you? Why?"

I guess God needed you more than I.
I didn't even get to say goodbye.

I can't get you out of my head.
Hard to believe you are actually dead.

I miss your face...
Never did you make a decision out of pure haste.

Keeping you here is selfish of me...
I have got to set you free.

It is gonna hurt,
Seeing you disappear under the dirt.

How could death steal you away from me?
Why do I have to set you free?

Spread your wings and fly.
I close my eyes and whisper my last goodbye.

I will set you free...
Of you and me...

Fly away...
And wait for me on that day.

When I will be free...
Free...

Just you and me...
Free... at last... we are free...

Marie J.

I hope this has touched you. I pray for everyone that is/has experienced this feeling. May God comfort you. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment