Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Don't Fall Asleep..."

I sit by your bedside. Watching those
Machines that are keeping you alive…
I heard the Doctor say,
“She may not survive.”
Countless tears fall on those
Snow white sheets…
Don’t fall asleep…”
I cry softly.
Weeks and months have gone by…
As I sit and watch you
Lay there and die.
My heart is hurting…
My stomach is churning…
I wish I could die for you…
But, on this earth,
It is still too soon…
For me to die…
Instead of you.
My selfish heart…
Just isn’t ready for a brand new start.
I know I must move on…
So I can start a brand new life song.
When you fly away...
Some memories, I promise, will stay…
Things you have left behind…
I promise…
They will shine.
Nothing I say or do,
Will bring me to you.
But, before you go…
I must let you know…
When you stand on those golden streets…
Don’t Fall Asleep.”
MNJ

No comments:

Post a Comment